Community Village Meeting May 12, 2022

Council Present: Brooks, Tim, Nathan, Kim, Omo, Diane, Kelsey – 91
Not: Karla?, David

Agenda:

7:00 Set Intention – 3 minutes (facilitator)
Agenda review – 3 minutes (facilitator)
Fair Announcements:
Workshops – Beth
Camping update – Sharon
Registration – John F
Vaccine update – Tim
Restaurant space update – Tim
Friday Night Bistro?

Kirsten, OCF Exec Director visit – intro and questions – 10 minutes
Site Report – 3 minutes (David)
Fire Crew – 3 minutes (Omo)
Construction report – 5 minutes (Rick)
Village eligibility requirements for this transition year – get consensus
Workshops requirements… discussion – 10 minutes
Native American statement – discussion – 10 minutes (Nathan)
Call for more facilitators – meeting? 3 minutes (Kim)
Theme announcement – 3 minutes (Tim)
Onsite meeting – Saturday or Sunday June 18 or 19? Decision – 5 minutes
Booth breakdown followed by booth reports – 40 minutes total
Non Fair Announcements – 5 minutes
Strokes and Pokes – 2 minutes


7:00 Set Intention – 3 minutes (facilitator)
3 deep breaths, be calmed, grounded.

Agenda review – 3 minutes (facilitator)
Nothing added

Fair Announcements – 8 minutes

    Workshops –
Workshop forms due May 13…oops. Workshop scheduling form and camping forms HERE: https://communityvillageocf.org/forms/

    Camping update – Sharon
Nina speaks: 2022 forms and guidelines are online: https://communityvillageocf.org/camping-guide/ Contact this email: cvillagecamping@gmail.com Deadline: due May 26.

    Registration – John F
Pay for pass by paying booth cord, check made out to Community Village if not cash. Booth cord will define pass type and number of them, tell John, who will make list for use at the sticker booth. Deadline May 31. Payments due by June 9.

PASS PRICES 2022:
Service Booth Special – No Cost
Camping / worker pass $50 | Worker Day pass $15 | youth 12 yrs old and younger $0
Teens 13-18 yrs old $50 | SOs $100 ($140 after July 1)
Elder $50 | Elder Companion $100 ($140 after July 1)
Vehicle pass $20 (Late $40) | Oversize (22’+) $100+$20

Pass cost, see list above. Vehicle stickers with Main lot stickers sometimes go to Outer Limits. Ask for what you can be OK with. Corey St Germain, guest tonight and Ops manager says: “Park family and vendors in Dead, then outa sight, avoiding winery this year. So stickers that say ‘winery’ are good in the Dead lot.” Someone (bee lady Jen) wants some clarification: booth workers should be day passes? YES. Where is alter abled parking? Same as last time.

    Vaccine update – Tim
“The Oregon Country Fair Board of Directors has rescheduled the special meeting to discuss the vaccination policy. They will meet on May 20th, 2022 from 6pm-7pm. The agenda has been updated to include the document explaining the recommended changes.”
They are considering removing the vaccine booster requirement. You are invited to share your perspective with them as I did.  ocfboard@oregoncountryfair.org
The Zoom meeting information and the YouTube link are available at oregoncountryfair.net

     Restaurant space update – Tim
Café Mundo is not coming this year. A food booth may be assigned to the space, but it is becoming unlikely. There is a possibility of using the space as a hand washing station or rest area.

     Friday Night Bistro?
This event was fun after hours on Friday of Fair. Can someone step up to organize it…performers, lighting, sound, organizing?  And we also need a Decon person, talk to Laura…
The bistro is a great opportunity… Prayer for the Fair this year is that young people will stand up and take extra effort tasks like decon, bistro…

     Bob Stage needs a crew member:
Only 3 on stage crew, need another who has already gone through eligibility who would like to take this position – needs experience and wanna have fun. Bob: 541-746-8552. We need this more than the bistro!

     David R and Frog say hi.

Kirsten, OCF Exec Director visit – intro and questions – 10 minutes

KIrsten says hi, I come with guests: with Corey and Mark and Vanessa staff. Kirsten is excited, moving onsite next week. Corey (Red): Fairie since 1993. Was in quartermaster. Mark: From Vegemanics, was a human resources manager in school district. Vanessa: Fairie since 2005, first year working. In the marketing job Was at Saturday market before and builds guitars.

– How will Fair be different? Ticket sale is limited, today is 20% ahead of 2019. Fewer volunteers, some are being recruited, send email to: III  Less is more, wanna be safe and fun.
-Diversity Committee worked hard, will discussions and implementation continue go forward….so may challenges. How to make Fair more inclusive? “Cannot speak to board stuff.”

Site Report – 3 minutes (David)
……. Absent. Omo…

Fire Crew – 3 minutes (Omo)
Mute is a good button… Site: wet out there! Long Tom River and Fern Ridge are up. Growth is gonna happen when the sun comes up. Prepare for undergrowth. It’s prolly gonna be a fire season. OCF will share eVAC NMAPS, need shovels, wet bags, good fire extinguisher in booth and in camping area. Go see a demonstration on site if you can. PASS: Pull Aim Squeeze, Sweep at base of fire. No fires, no candles. No enclosed fire containers without pre-approval like a restaurant. IF you see a fire, designate someone to go to info to call it in, while you stay and fight the fire. If you follow the Forest Service, anything without an On/Off switch, is a NO for fire.

Construction report – 5 minutes (Rick)
…Diane: Rick unable to get online. Wood has been milled, one confirmed carpenter is on board, one in the works, red tags are not complete, H&H is on it, Youth is on the way. He’ll have a work plan once tags are done.

Village eligibility requirements for this transition year – get consensus    
Do we still have the same eligibility requirements? Or does it really matter pre-eligibility? Conversation started in Eligibility meeting about pass numbers, maybe we could reach out to find additional new people after eligibility is over? Eligibility should not be compromised. Participation requirements are meeting and work party attendance stuff, and workshop presenting in some booths –  that is affected by booth empowerment doing task sharing if agreed. Even eligible individuals can be removed if not meeting the participation guidelines. Booth cord can make adjustments. This conversation may have come from a misunderstanding from eligibility meeting…
Of course, you should be at meetings and work parties, it’s what creates community. Put your time in.

Native American statement – discussion – 10 minutes (Nathan)
To make our meeting more inviting and respectful to Native Americans… Nathan is working on a statement to post, etc, and it is being worked on. He has a 4 volume Kayapua dictionary to incorporate into the statement. The Village as Heart of the Fair LEADING WTH THE HEART to create a connection.
Jen Hornaday knows of an activist group that does land acknowledgment. Have you consulted with any tribe about this? She has connections with people so could help out on that. The Kayapua are part of the Confederated Tribes of Grand Rhonde.  Friend of Native, says some statements are really bland, he put a relevant article in chat (see link). Maybe instead of a staement help by raising money or other things to help. Joshua: https://studentinsurgent.org/archive/dec-2021.pdf#page=15&zoom=auto,-12,1226

Jules from info: Has a Friend who can help fact check language. Jon Guthhrie (4A) sister is native, runs programs, has connections. Lots of awesome interest and enthusiasm. Awesome. Nathan has consulted to university who provided a consultant. Maybe include a call to action in the statement. Make a subcommittee or Nathan do it all? Hopefully Nathan will pull tonight’s speakers together to get it done and bring to Council to review, then the village, then later for consensus. Will post a call to participate to the Drum.

Call for more facilitators – meeting? 3 minutes (Kim)
We need more facilitators besides Jackie, Sue and Lareina for a training and do some roll play. Have some come together to grow this talent. Chrissy Piersol can do zoom. Jules wants to role play. cvmeetings@gmail.com is the facilitation team. Anybody?? Jair chatted yes. Contact Kim Robles 541-743-3913 lizzycordich@gmail.com

Theme announcement – 3 minutes (Tim)
Welcome Home!! Is the winning theme for 2022.

Onsite meeting – Saturday or Sunday June 18 or 19? Decision – 5 minutes
19th is also Juneteenth.  Historical we have alternated days every year. Same time or at 11 so a work party can follow? June 18th AT NOON.

Booth breakdown followed by booth reports – 40 minutes total

Back to meeting by 3:45

Doors: nice meeting, all happy. Chrissy is pregnant!!! Fred: IC is extremely enthusiastic about networking, carpooling with other both. Woohoo. Arthur: Info Not as many as hoped, went over tasks, short staffed a bit, but good. P&J planning upcoming meeting, structure looks good, excited, Cat: Green Earth, built agenda for next booth meeting, got caught up and liaison Omo joned us. Ben H&H: Amazing meeting great to see all, building a new booth is exciting, communicating is unbelievable. A new person showed up, is just the piece we were missing – Fair Magic! Perfect. Laura Areas: good chat, getting all the jobs filled, some confusion about yurt, but Song could do Decon? Excited about Dome, needs another $300. Got another possible Decon thru Kim. (It ended up being Song)

Non Fair Announcements – 5 minutes
David Rogers gig in Springfield tomorrow
Brooks: HIV alliance May 21 4:20-6:30 fundraiser, incudes silent auction online
Karen: Youth Vs Gov green earth lawsuit climate change, May 15 lunar eclipse.
Mosquito the Band performing June 1-5pm Eugene Porch Fest of shows. Eugeneporchfest.com June 1st awesome From Joshua Caraco to Everyone 08:59 PM

LOL, I’ll be playing a show for porch fest on June 4th…
Ben: works with addiction. www.joinmonument.com  support alcohol shifting.

Strokes and Pokes – 2 minutes
Really excited about closed captioning, and stuck to time. Really good timing, longer for booth breakdown please … I love phenomenal news chrissy is pregnant. To acknowledge facilitating is so good. POKE: Agenda presenters should do prep. Great job facilitator. When does peach pit comes our for final articles?

Ommmmmmmm

Notes by Tim

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s