Community Village Meeting notes 6-9-2022

Council present: Tim, Omo, Kelsey, Diane, Karla, Nathan + 43 or so people
Not: David, Kim, Sara
To Do items in BOLD

7:00 SET INTENTION – 5
AGENDA REVIEW – 2
FAIR ANNOUNCEMENTS – 25
– WORKSHOPS & DEMOS
– CAMPING
– REGISTRATION
– SITE REPORT
– FIRE
– CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
– COVID UPDATE
– OTHER… Restaurant space
ADDED AGENDA ITEMS? Connectory
NON-FAIR ANNOUNCEMENTS – 10
BOOTH BREAKDOWN (AT 8:00) – 45
BOOTH REPORTS – 10
MEETING FEEDBACK (STROKES & POKES) – 5


7:00 SET INTENTION – 5

Blessed to walk into a moist Fair, may reduce the fire danger, nature will be waiting for us to have a good time together. Take a moment to imagine us together in a circle in the morning, calm, quiet, birds singing. A blessed morning circle.

AGENDA REVIEW – 2

FAIR ANNOUNCEMENTS – 25

Omo showed photo of folks moving lumber this morning. All lumber moved into the village.

Sunday 26th Humanistic Intervention training 10am, also at 1:00pm. 4:00 onsite board meeting!

– WORKSHOPS & DEMOS

Already sent to Peach Pit. Beth is not here. Tim will ask for the schedule to post on the website.

Childcare –

Just in case anyone arrived after I sent out the childcare info you can reach Carlyn at 541-485-4591 or Carlyn.meilan@gmail.com  to RSVP or if you have questions. There is more info on the website. We’ll be out there doing childcare at the June 18th onsite meeting! We have to head out, have a great evening everyone!

– CAMPING

Sharon is working tonight. Scott B says the form is online, please do so now!!!
cvillagecamping@gmail.com 3829 NW Arrowood Circle, Corvallis, OR 97330 541-602-4567
Sharon arrived late: Sharon is still working on camping, is a little behind, don’t worry if you’ve sent something and haven’t heard from her. If you haven’t messaged her, do it now!

–  T-shirts

We will be selling the shirts at the June 18th meeting. $20. Organic cotton 100%, women’s are v-neck hemp 60% and cotton 40%. Tie dye with glow in the dark printing. Photo on website site soon and below. I forgot to mention that I have 200 Welcome Home stickers that I will be handing out for free at the onsite meeting. They will be available at the Village Tee Shirt table.

–  Connectory

Tim posted the old one HERE, and distributed an email asking for corrections. Skeeter would like to see it in paper copy with 11×17 paper folded in half with email and phone numbers and map of village and projects and needs to share 15-20 in each booth. Sam says he put a lot of work on this in ‘17 and ‘18, liked having it in the info booth, but a large number of copies ended up being recycled, not a lot of interest. Was a lot of work, maybe somebody needs to be excited to do it. Skeeter might be able to help out…

– REGISTRATION

Hard deadline for payment receipt and info by TOMORROW morning…but we do not have a bank account, so we may delay until Monday or so. Amend deadline for just this year to Monday? John and Karla are here so no problem. CONSENSUS REACHED.

– SITE REPORT

Lots of wattle material still needed. Closed this weekend Sat and Sun. Construction can be there, but the rest please stay home. If you go out during the week, maybe find wattle stuff and bring to village.

– FIRE

Who is on the CV Fire Crew?? All OF US!!! Fire? Send someone to Info booth to report. Look for fire extinguisher Pull pin, Aim, Sweep, Squeeze trigger. Shovel to throw dirt on fire. Wet burlap to slap fire until it goes out. Do NOT dump water from bucket, Fire Extinguisher, Shovel and Burlap in camping areas and all Booths. Extinguishing training in parking lot at various times in week before fair, times TBA. Fire pit: Council will get permit if available. Lotsa burlap rotted. Where can we get more burlap? Maybe get from coffee roasters… Who wants to call them…? Darren Reily, Plaedo will do so, might be some at Warebarn. Need about 30. Buckets are behind green earth.

– CONSTRUCTION UPDATE

H&H this weekend, Benny is fence guy for LV. Coming from Santa Cruz, which is why the schedule is July 1 weekend. Kelsey is OK with the schedule. Rick’s message is below. Booths should do all they could on their own. Karla is looking for the budget items to complete the budget. Diane will talk with Rick about costs.

– COVID UPDATE

Vaccine info and ID needed for wristband onsite pre-fair and for Fair, medical and religious exemption will be accepted with negative PCR lab test within 2 days (for public only – Fair volunteers MUST be vaccinated). PCR testing will be onsite Fair weekend, 24 hour turnover for results. Booster not required as asked for by WhiteBird leader. Booster is still recommended, not required. Masking is encouraged…keep one with you especially when talking with someone wearing a mask. Children for 5 and over only need vaccination, under 5 do not. If you pay $1 at the main entry kitchen, they will provide a laminated vaccine card converting your wristband to ID card 🙂 FAIR FAMILY has to be vaccinated!

CAFÉ MUNDO?

What to do with that space? Doors: we put a sheet in the back of their booth with all that they do there. Maybe do something like that in the space. Activities like massage of workshops, items like posters or…? Anyone wishing to put something or do something in that space should contact Tim: tin@gwproj.com  Tim will coordinate space and time. Rainbow village would definitely want to put stuff up, we’d just need to know for sure with a little warning. Get your plans to Tim by July 1st and we should be able to set it up during pre-Fair week.

NON-FAIR ANNOUNCEMENTS – 10

Sunday at 2:00, doors at 1:30 over 50 performers show at the WOW Hall.

Festival of Art for All Aug 6: art, entertainment, food trucks, participatory art projects and more by people on the spectrum.

Autism Rocks Summer camp volunteers needed. Great fun, August 26-28 south of Florence. Great food, beautiful lake, swimming, crafts, entertainment, more…

Juneteenth 19th Celebration 12-7pm, Alton Baker Park
Skeeter and Fred: Summer solstice cocktail party and jam early evening, 21st at East Blair Project, 940 W 4th Ave.

Jair: Museum om campus has On Earth – a Fragile Existence exhibit. https://jsma.uoregon.edu/OnEarth

BOOTH BREAKDOWN (AT 8:00) – 45

BOOTH REPORTS – 10

Areas: Sharon is still working on camping, is a little behind, don’t worry if you’ve sent something and haven’t heard from her.

Art: fewer people, more work, at about 60%

Little Village: Talked about fence issue, will meet in town Saturday.

Moon Lodge:

Youth Power: Excited for their awesome team, experienced, motivated people. We can do stuff for you! Can help bands move, get ice, more…

Fruit Booth: ordering just as much food as usual, with full crew. Get hungry!

4A:
Doors: Talking about decorating the booth to be “Welcome Home” matching our theme. Jair has a new book!!

Wild Edibles: Close to full staff, participating in a Zavanadu program that will bring people to their booth re: stewardship of OCF facility.
Spirit: busy creating opening ceremony Friday morning, offerings are limited as fewer volunteers, all women this year.

Green Earth:
P&J: Smaller crew but lively and excited.

Info:
Community House:

H&H:
LLL:

IC: Gossiped about community’s not there. Awesome. Oh…just kidding!! Excited to be there working together, new people this year.

MEETING FEEDBACK (STROKES & POKES) – 5

Good on-the-fly facilitation.

Thank you for the way you set the intention, love the good juju.

Construction Report. 

Due to the rain We must load in the Lumber for new construction. There is a trailer with a white tarp parked by main camp.. You can cart lumber in or you can carry a couple boards at a time period there is a pile of wood set up on the floor of the Restaurant. Do not go in to the restaurant slide the lumber in while standing on the ground firmly. It is not safe to walk in the restaurant. Keep the pile separate by dimension of light mention of lumber please. It would be great if this can be done during the week. DONE!

There are carpenters coming this weekend to begin construction om H&H. I would rather focus their time on building. We have already brought in all the big posts and beams for the construction. Most of the wood is lighter duty.. Thank you for your help. If anyone wishes to do this I would appreciate that they text me 1st. Rick 5415430624. Just so I know. Thank you.  DONE!

There are tags in the spirit booth, the community house, the village kitchen, lifelong learning, And doors. Most are minor repairs. We have already started working on the major repairs. I would like to hear from spirit booth and any others to see if they have anyone with carpentry experience, or who want to help, on their team. They have the most work to do on their booth.

If anyone wants to help on major booth construction, they need to coordinate with me. We are having focused teams help the carpenters. Most of this work will involve shaping and standing the boards we are working with. You would need gloves preferably safety glasses. I would consider a handkerchief for filtering or a face mask. And you can count on getting dirty and dusty. My phone number is listed above – text please. Further anyone wishing to gain carpentry skills is also very welcome. If you’re interested in gaining carpentry skills this also needs to be networked through me. The major booth construction should be completed this weekend and the next weekend. After that we will be concentrating on repairs. We appreciate any help we want to be sure to schedule it to make the most of everyone’s efforts. We also expect a commitment of 4 to 8 hours there’s if anyone wants to work on the construction projects. Thank you for your consideration and participation. RIck Construction Coordinator

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s