Village Cloud FairEz meeting 2-9-2021

Present: Michael S., Jair, Adrian, Crystalyn, Bob F, Sara, Pleado,

Agenda:

Timeline
Progress reports from:
Chair – Tim
Entertainment outreach – Bob
Host outreach – Tim (Chrissy wants to do it again)
Hangout coord (breakout rooms) – Develop activities for breakout rooms: workshops, hokey pokey schedule… Kim to B.Coord, Brooks
Workshop scheduling – Chrissy (outreach) and Beth and Mike
Publicity – Jair, Sara
help live stream – stage manager (Mike) + Sara + Jaimie, Adrian
Webpage for booths / nonprofits – Nathan
Coord with OCF – Adrian + Jaimie & Brooks for better visual access from Fair site, make icons
Art Work – backdrops – (Mike) Sara
Tech facilitation – Jaimie

____________________________________________________

Timeline – next meeting. Adrian will work up a draft.

Crystalyn mentions we shouldn’t have posted “no Fair” yet. Wait for OCF Board announcement. We will not do that anymore. Glad we are working on virtual now. Acknowledge she coulda done better integrating CV into OCF both virtual and PR. Will work on sharing all the elements at every opportunity.

Jair: thanks Crystalyn, really likes the Matrix thing and 3D stuff.

Progress reports:
Entertainment outreach – Bob
We sent out entertainment outreach today. Normal Bean & Rob Tobias replied to Tim’s band’s email, but they are not entered in application yet. Corrected message saying “no Fair” in not official also just sent out. WOW Hall is up in the air about what is happening there in July, so we’re not sure we could do our live stream from there.
Tim will send form: Performance video, or live stream idea or finished file. 2021 Application Form HERE. No streaming allowed from OCF site as no visitors will be allowed in then.

Host outreach – Tim
Steve & Chrissy & Omo, that’s all so far, outreach will happen in the next week or two.

Hangout coord (breakout rooms) – Develop activities for breakout rooms: workshops, hokey pokey schedule… Both Kim and Brooks were not in attendance, so Tim will reach out to them today.

Workshop scheduling – Chrissy (outreach) and Beth and Mike
Outreach will commence soon.

Publicity – Jair, Sara

OCF advert coord advertising@oregoncountryfair.org  Hopes to coord with all. Will contact us when they are set up and ready for input.

help live stream – stage manager (Mike) + Sara + Jaimie, Adrian, Paxton?
Wanna do WOW Hall again: need stage manager and audio in addition to last crew. Total crew = tech ops, audio 2, grip 1, stage manager, 2 gofers, 1 camera. Get N95 masks (Sara can order $3.00 each?) and hand sanitizer for crew. Adrian has a few volunteers who are not villagers, would prefer to involve villagers. Stage manager should be prominent before event so they are known to event crew, and get clear with knowledge of  artists and schedule. Mike could be helpful again, Pleado could help day of.

Webpage of booth / nonprofits – Nathan
This is underway.

Coord with OCF – Adrian + Jaimie & Brooks for better visual access form Fair site, make icons
This is the plan, ongoing work happening.


Art Work – backdrops – (Mike) Sara
Jair: Mark Henson Fair Family may be a good source. Sara and Tim will talk. Adrian will forward art examples for the Village report. During live stream we integrate graphics to frame the stream.

TO DO:

Need a venue – Whirled Pies? Crystalyn will check $WOW Tim for $$ Whirled Pies.
Get hosts – Tim
Hangout contact Kim for report?
Overflow content plans? Be ready…
OCF in 2021 will be more of a fundraiser.
Tim get budget for our expenses w/Adrian send to Crystalyn

Village Meeting Reports:
Jair: thank Matrix & 3D Fair coordination
Adrian: Coord with OCF – Adrian for better visual access form Fair site, make icons. Also onsite manager and crew
Brooks: try to diversify entertainment – reach out
Sara: Art Work for framing live stream and for host backdrops. Adrian will send examples to share screen.
Kim: Booth Coord Hangout feedback



Council / Virtual Committee Joint Meeting January 21, 2021

Present: Sara, David H, Adrian, Chrissy, Tim, Diane, Kim, Jamie, Bob F, Banjo Mike, Brooks
Not: Nathan, Karla

Agenda:

Assign Council Jobs, Booth Liaisons

Facilitation Training, Tech Support, & Booth Coordinator Meet-up

Assign Virtual Committee Jobs, responsibilities

Set timeline

Name Committee

Agenda Review
 Done

Tech Support,
Karla is still researching a place to park with her car and use her phone’s hot spot feature to allow others to connect. Get list of people who have barriers and what their issues are? Try to find common problems… Chrissy could help coach folks using Zoom if they start early. Create email to receive issues monitored by volunteers.  Diane’s gear is outdated windows. Share old gear. Make good documentation for using Zoom device specific. Maybe install Linux on older devices to get better performance. Help desk… need to identify helpers. Do a thorough orientation video.

Tim could make a new group to send issues to. Adrian will help for a while. Mike S, too. Kim can help with devices. Jaime can help.

Booth Coordinator Meet-up, social event
Kim to try and do in person event, she will ask.

Assign Virtual Committee Jobs, responsibilities
David tried to attend Fair but couldn’t do gamer stuff. Some explanations were mentioned of how we did what we did last year…
Committee responsibilities:
Chair – Tim
Entertainment outreach – Bob
Host outreach – Tim (Chrissy wants to do it again)
Hangout coord (breakout rooms) – Develop activities for breakout rooms: workshops, hokey pokey schedule… Kim to B.Coord, Brooks
Workshop scheduling – Chrissy (outreach) and Beth and Mike
Publicity – Jair, Sara
help live stream – stage manager (Mike) + Sara + Jaimie, Adrian
Webpage of booth / nonprofits – Nathan
Coord with OCF – Adrian + Jaimie & Brooks for better visual access form Fair site, make icons
Art Work – backdrops – (Mike) Sara
Tech facilitation – Jaimie

Name the Committee
Telebuddies, Virtual Village 2021 Group, Sky Village Drive, VV Section, Not All There Committee, Village Cloud Fairies Crew Committee, Pass the Pits, Above the Weed, Get Connected Hook Up Line, Cloud Crew Fairiez?

WINNER: Village Cloud FairEz

Set timeline
Meeting time Tuesday Feb 9th 7:00 via Zoom

Assign Council Jobs,
Booth Liaisons DONE https://communityvillageocf.org/people-jobs/

Facilitation Training, 3 people added, Kim will take it from there.

Eligibility discussion – booths can have internal legibility requirements, stay plugged-in, do a workshop, do hangout. Have a booth breakdown during Zoom meeting.

Next Village meeting Agenda –
Village Theme
How to incentivize participation, add requirements for this year?
Valentine booth coord party?
Activist report
Village Cloud FairEz committee report

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s