.21 Village Cloud FairEz Committee Notes
– Joint meeting with Council Notes January 21, 2021:
Anyone interested is invited to join this group, especially if you filled out the 2021 Survey and said you would help… email firstname.lastname@example.org
Karla is still researching a place to park with her car and use her phone’s hot spot feature to allow others to connect. Get list of people who have barriers and what their issues are? Try to find common problems… Chrissy could help coach folks using Zoom if they start early. Create email to receive issues monitored by volunteers. Diane’s gear is outdated windows. Share old gear. Make good documentation for using Zoom device specific. Maybe install Linux on older devices to get better performance. Help desk… need to identify helpers. Do a thorough orientation video.
Tim could make a new group to send issues to. Adrian will help for a while. Mike S, too. Kim can help with devices. Jaime can help.
Booth Coordinator Meet-up, social event
Kim to try and do in person event, she will ask.
Assign Virtual Committee Jobs, responsibilities
David tried to attend Fair but couldn’t do gamer stuff. Some explanations were mentioned of how we did what we did last year…
Chair – Tim
Entertainment outreach – Bob
Host outreach – Tim (Chrissy wants to do it again)
Hangout coord (breakout rooms) – Develop activities for breakout rooms: workshops, hokey pokey schedule… Kim to B.Coord, Brooks
Workshop scheduling – Chrissy (outreach) and Beth and Mike
Publicity – Jair, Sara
help live stream – stage manager (Mike) + Sara + Jaimie, Adrian
Webpage of booth / nonprofits – Nathan
Coord with OCF – Adrian + Jaimie & Brooks for better visual access form Fair site, make icons
Art Work – backdrops – (Mike) Sara
Tech facilitation – Jaimie
Name this Committee
Telebuddies, Virtual Village 2021 Group, Sky Village Drive, VV Section, Not All There Committee, Village Cloud Fairies Crew Committee, Pass the Pits, Above the Weed, Get Connected Hook Up Line, Cloud Crew Fairiez?
WINNER: Village Cloud FairEz
Meeting time Tuesday Feb 9th 7:00 via Zoom
.02 April 18 meeting notes HERE. | .03 April 28 Notes| .04 May 5 notes |.05 May 12 notes | .06 June 2 Meeting Access |
Village and OCF,
Adrian Acosta has prepared the document below, creating a framework for a way forward so the Village can have a Fair, even if the event cannot happen onsite.
This was discussed at the April 9 Village meeting, with an exciting brainstorm session. The goal is to create a process, identify committed volunteers, develop both recorded and streamed content, and actually present a virtual Community Village Fair Experience during at least some of the July 10-12 weekend. Most of that content would then be available all year online, creating a portal for all our activist groups’ websites and resources to spread our values into the virtual world. Artists and musicians would also be featured.
If you would like to participate, especially if you have some skills, resources, and time, please visit the Doodle Poll and come to our first virtual planning meeting. https://doodle.com/poll/nwv3difbdx983uee We will be in touch when we have a few good responses. Counting on you…
Below is the agenda for discussion at that meeting.
Community Village, but online!
Virtual Community Village Fair Experience Committee
- Discuss format
- Discuss roles
- All aboard into our planning tools
My suggestion for a format
- 3 pillars
- The Community Village show
- A mix of live and pre-recorded content
- A set of hosts to guide viewers along on their journey
- Interviews, History, Music, Laughs, Conversations, etc
- Scheduled virtual meetings
- Community Village people can conduct workshops on community villagey topics
- Participants would register for and attend workshops
- A place or three for people to mingle and discuss what they’re winessing above, or anything else
- The Community Village show
- How-to guides to onboard people into the various platforms to participate in each of the above pillars.
- Rehearsals to make sure everyone is able to connect to and use the various platform, and pace their content.
- Virtual “green rooms” with a host to coordinate smooth transitions into different content segments and workshops.
- Live, community facing hosts
- Booking to fill timeslots with content
- Behind the scenes hosts for workshops and talent
- Technical coordinator
- On-boarding materials for end-users and presenters using the platform
- Rehearsal coordinator
- Liaison (s) to Community Village
- Overlay artwork
- Technology coordinator (who will need an assistant)
- Public content publishing (events calendar containing workshops, parts of the livestream, etc, virtual posters)
4 thoughts on “Village Cloud FairEz Committee .01 and .21”
Topic: Virtual Village Planning Committee
Time: Apr 18, 2020 04:00 PM Tijuana
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 897 2769 3203
One tap mobile
+16699009128,,89727693203# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)